Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CRAIG THOMSON

I need to apologise for my earlier post when I had it that suspended Aust Labor Party MP, Craig Thomson, was facing 150 charges relating to the miss-use of Union funds while he was Secretary of the HSU.   Got that wrong.   Thompson was charged in Court in Melbourne a few hours ago with 154 counts of embezzlement.    As part of his bail conditions he was warned off making contact with sex workers at several brothels he allegedly frequented from 2003 to 2007.

He is no doubt taking much comfort from the support he has received from Julia Gillard when she said in an answer to a Parliamentary Question .......   I have complete confidence in the member for Dobell. I look forward to him continuing to do that job for a very long, long, long time to come."

I know Judge will have wanted me to get the facts right.



No comments: